Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hobbit Home


Its -13C outside and the WNW wind blowing at 50 kms/hr, gusting to 65, is driving the temperature down to -26.  So, I'm chillaxing waiting to throw the kayak in the car to go to the pool when I came across this video uploaded to YouTube yesterday on 6 February.

In a nutshell, its a video of Canadian whitewater kayaker Ben Hayward's quest to make it to the Olympics.  To get there he has to travel in Europe to get first class competition.  That can be costly so he decides to buy a flatbed truck and build a 72 square foot unique mobile home on its chassis.

I thought is was too cool a story not to share so here's the YouTube link with the 15:45 video and more detail linking the original press release.

2 comments:

  1. I keep on reading your blog post.. This was still amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing this unique informative post with us.. I really enjoyed by reading your blog post.
    illinois campgrounds

    ReplyDelete