Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rikki is here


I don't know the date Cathy ordered her new kayak but it was some time ago.  Its been a difficult birthing process.  One kayak was selected and some time later there were issues with it.  She had to pick another.  There were three colours to pick from.  She picked the lime one.  Surprisingly looks great!


So, yesterday evening I was sitting doing a little guitar practice and I see an email come in.  "RIKKI IS HERE!!! :-) :-) :-)" it read.

Then another quickly on the heels of the first: "It's Rikki time!!!!!!!
I am going out for a dip in the cove :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)"

I replied "Getting ready to join you."

I arrived before her and waited patiently.  She arrived bubbling over with joy.

She loaded her Rikki and we put her in ...


... the water of the harbour boat basin.  Content with stability we entered the ...


... flat waters of the cove.



Wondering how Rikki felt to roll, Cathy immediately did a couple.  At this point Cathy was over the moon!


We knew Neville, Ron, Shane and Terry were on the water but we didn't know which direction they went.  We set off towards Topsail in search.  When we got so far where we could look down the coast and we didn't see them we turned to look for them towards Portugal Cove.


We went as far as Beachy Cove.  It was getting late and if they had gone that way we should have connected with them by that time.  We didn't see them so again we turned to go back to St. Philips.


As we approached St Philips we saw them playing among the rocks.  They had gone towards Topsail after all.

The guys immediately surrounded Rikki welcoming the newcomer.

I've been at the sea trials of Dean's Nordkapp "North Cape Jenny" and his Karma RG.  I've also been present at the launch of Sean's "Black Pearl" and Terry's "Chatham" (I think I have that right).  I remember when I took delivery of my "Stardust" and every time a new boat arrives I remember the joy.

I was happy to share in another.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...Thanks for setting the memory Tony! Awesome for you to come out for this and to catch it for me so well!... as you have done for us all!! :) Nuthin' like a new shiny boat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and a beauty it is! Wishing you many years of happy paddles.

      Tony :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It a beauty for sure. Its the only lime coloured kayak I know of so it will stand out.

      Tony :-)

      Delete
  3. Its so good to get it now and have the whole summer ahead of us!:)

    ReplyDelete