Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Frayed ends


Four days now of cold, windy, rainy, drizzly and foggy days.  I feel like my nerves are frayed.  While its not fit to paddle, the inclement weather has given me time to do other kayak related stuff.

I've drafted an article about our circumnavigation of Merasheen Island in August for Kayak Newfoundland and Labrador's publication "Ebb & Flow".  Here's a link to past editions that may be of interest.

The other thing I've done is I've repaired the frayed end of one of the wrist gaskets in my drysuit.  It was looking worn and about to tear.  Rather than replace it I decided to try and extend its useful life.  I inserted the right size object into the gasket, roughed up the surface, applied Aquaseal and folded the edge back on itself.  A little trick I thought worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment