Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kayaking in the subconscious

On the rocks

Sometimes a situation simmers in my subconscious and, eurika, out comes a solution at unexpected times.

A case in point.  Saturday Clyde got washed up on the rocks, as did I, by some small waves.  After a bit of effort we extricated ourselves from the situation and got going again.

It stuck in my mind.  I thought what if the waves were larger or a rogue wave arrived.  They could really bash us around and could hole my fibreglass boat.  In hindsight, I think I would be better served in a similar situation by getting out of the boat quickly, point it into the incoming waves, jump in and get the blazes out of there.

Better still, avoid the risk in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. At least now you know what will work best for you Tony. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Stan, assessing each situation after a paddle is worth doing because its a chance to learn or to avoid repeats in the future.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete