Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

Stubby fingers, small button

Ice cube

I took 80 pictures on our paddle Tuesday in Cape Broyle. I don't expect them all to come out as award winners so I take lots in the hope that a few will be keepers.

The water is still cold so I continue to wear neoprene mitts. The "On/Off" button on the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is a tiny button right next to the shutter release. Pressing it with neoprene mitts on to turn the camera off is a challenge and occasionally means pressing the shutter release.

Doh!

So, I usually get a selection of pictures of my deck. Tuesday I got three and one movie clip that I didn't know I was taking.

I don't know who comes up with these design concepts but maybe they should beta test the camera in situations that target the consumers who are going to be using them. In addition to neoprene mitts add a kayak in heaving seas for example.

Good thing we're in the digital age because old fashioned film would get expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment