Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am a child

On the toboggan hill

Earlier this winter I went for a walk in Bowring Park with my daughter Lisa. We stopped to watch the kids sliding on the snow covered hill. I brought me back to days I spent sliding down, walking back up and sliding down and so on. Years later I did the same with my young children but not lately. Now I've traded the toboggan of my childhood for ...

Water toboggan

the kayak of my so-called adulthood. Its not so much different really. While kayaking is a bit more serious in terms of danger it is still, in essence, playing, most of the time. Take for example, riding the surge over and around rocks or that surf ride that just seems to keep going and going.

I'm not sure what I'm going to be when I grow up but one thing for sure, I'm going to keep the child inside of the man.

2 comments: