Translate

Friday, January 6, 2012

The numbers are in

Frequent paddler

Well, I've tallied up the numbers and they indicate a productive paddling year in 2011.

I was in my boat 126 times during the year. When I saw the numbers build earlier in the summer I tried for 122. That would put me in the boat once every third day, so I made that.

The 126 is made up of: 14 pool sessions, 22 pond practices, 40 practices at St. Philips and 50 day paddles.

The 14 pool sessions were probably the most valuable of the year because my roll went from sometimes uncertain to reliable and on both sides. Its easy to exaggerate so I'll say I did not less than 2,500 rolls between the pool, pond and St. Philips.

The 50 day paddles totaled 921 kilometers distance.

I don't expect to be in the boat as much this year but I will set some new targets for 2012 to further develop as a kayaker.

3 comments:

  1. thats a fine year tony! I think im gonna take advantage of the pool tue nights...what else am I gonna do at 09h00pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day my little girl will grow up and I can get back to paddling more often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Lee, it wasn't a bad year at all. See you at the pool on the 17th. Brian, I know the story on children and I know it limits what ya can do "reasonably" but enjoy every moment(and I know you will), they grow up very fast.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete