Translate

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A unique cave

Left or right?

I've been in a number of caves over the last few years. A lot are the same, just openings pounded into the rocks by the waves. There are a few notable exceptions. One north of Flatrock opens up into an inner room that's like a cathedral. On Sunday, I got into a unique one. From the outside it looks like two separate caves next to each other. Which one to explore first? Made no difference because while they look to be separate when you enter you find ...

Conjoined

they come together at a little beach at the head of the cave. I paddled into the cave on the right and Neil, the left. At the end I saw daylight and then Neil's bow. A little higher water and I could have gotten around. Amazing bit of sculpture completed by Lord Neptune.

No comments:

Post a Comment