Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hurricane Maria

Giddy up

There was a TV program on the national broadcaster a while ago entitled "How do you solve a problem like Maria". I don't know how it turned out but today Dean and I had a solution to Maria, the hurricane.

Winds today hovering around 26 - 28 knots with gusts to 40 meant there'd be no day paddle . Dean and I opted for an hour and a half at St. Philips to do a bit of surfing. It was interesting but felt like another day at the office. An hour and a half well spent.

I'm off to the Baie Verte peninsula tomorrow to spend a few days with my sister who also has a kayak. Iceberg finder shows 9 bergs in White Bay and while I'm out that way I hope I'll get out to some of them and have a few shots to show for it. So, the next post likely won't be till coming Thursday unless I can find an internet connection.

Keep out of trouble till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment