Translate

Friday, July 8, 2011

Rewarded

Tony in Placentia Bay (Hazen photo)

Some days I really, really look forward to getting in my boat, like yesterday. A busy day, as they all have been recently, made the prospect of paddling very appealing.

The day started in the winery when I put on a batch of blueberry wine. Its been a pressing issue because I have to clear out some of the berries in the freezer for this year's crop.

Good weather finally broke with the arrival of summer on July 1. That, for me, means painting. I particularly dislike painting. I motivated myself with the thought, OK, I'll do this but I'm rewarding myself with an evening of kayak practice, the in-water kind. It felt so refreshing to discard the oppressive heat of the day and feel the cool salt water on my face. All with a clear conscience too as I had paid my dues.

No comments:

Post a Comment