Translate

Friday, June 24, 2011

Living and learning

Getting out there

There's no point in getting older without getting smarter.

I'm busy today packing for a three day trip to Long Island in Placentia Bay. I've done some kayak camping but I'm certainly not an expert. I am learning. Last year on our south coast trip I brought back twice as much food as I ate. I allowed for weather delays but took way too much. This time around its more in line with reality and it will free up some room in my kayak for other stuff - like a nice bottle of blueberry vino!

Now, the anticipation of getting underway.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was home to tag along. My familys from Haystack. are you doing the 4km crossing out or taking the boat out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, just back and unpacking. I'll post some pictures over the coming days.

    We did a crossing in our own boats and when you see the shots you'll see why. We did a complete circumnavigation of Long Island and stayed Sunday night in Haystack. I knew your family was from Haystack and gave you a thought as we pulled into the harbour. My Math 101 (1970) prof was also from Haystack!

    I'm sure when you're home you'll also make the trip. The distance from Haystack to Arnolds Cove is 21 kms by my GPS.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete