Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A lull in the acton

Sitting ... waiting

Transport Canada, who oversee boating safety and protection of navigable waters, agree we have right to paddle through the harbour at St. Philips (though it could be any harbour). The Department of Fisheries claim the waters of the harbour there are the property of the harbour authority the same as the wharves and other infrastructure.

What to do?

Tuesday officials of the Office of Boating Safety are meeting with officials of Small Craft Harbours. This issue will be on the agenda and hopefully Fisheries will acknowledge our rights. In any case I will exercise my rights. Rights cannot be taken away, they can only be waived if I agree to waive them.

So I'll wait till Tuesday and paddle tomorrow and put this business all out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment