Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The numbers are in

Final paddle for 2010

On December 28th four of us met for a short day paddle to sweep out the lethargy of Christmas turkey, spirits and other overindulgence. It was my 107th time in the kayak this year. It was a huge year by any account but a little short of the previous.

I managed 44 day trips for a total of at least 850 kilometres paddled. I had 34 outings at St. Philips where we practiced paddle strokes and various rescues. That made for 78 times the kayak saw salt water.

I made 4 pool sessions and spent 25 days in fresh water at Topsail Pond.

Another centenarian

December 28th also marked Dean's 100th time in his boat in 2010. Congratulations Dean.

So, we're into another trip around the sun and we'll see what the new year brings. I'll mull over this year's targets in the next few days but most of all I'll wish for a year without kayak fatalities.

Happy New Year paddlers one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment