Translate

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life after work

Retirement option

A recent survey of Canadians disclosed nearly 70% of them plan to work after retirement. Of those 70%, 72% plan to work in order to remain mentally and physically active, 57% to stay socially active.

I have a better option ... go buy a kayak and use it to get the mental, physical and social benefits. That's what I did. The physical and mental benefits of kayaking are obvious. Only I didn't consider that there might be social benefits. I didn't consider I'd meet a great bunch of people that would develop into friendships.

Now I have to plug in my musical brain to prepare for guitar practice. No time for work!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be retiring soon and don't plan to work another day of my life. While I won't have all the fancy things some find important I'll have everything I've ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My philosophy too Lee - have enough to live and do a few things you enjoy and enough is enough. Some things money can't buy anyway.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete