Translate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas shopping

Can you believe it? December 18th

Seven shopping days till Christmas but are we worried? No. Some of our paddling buddies had to bow out because they had shopping to do or other last minute Christmas stuff. Four of us had ours done or weren't concerned. We went for a paddle.

Cruising through

The center of the shopping universe where we live is the Avalon Mall. Today and every day until Christmas will be like a zoo there. Parking spots will be far and few between. It was something we avoided.

The fog crept over the hills

The crunch is on to get that special something for that special person. Hustling and bustling with the hoards of shoppers today would have been something like the fog of war.

It brightened up

I'm glad I had my shopping done so I could take advantage of this unusually warm December 18th. I hope the guys had luck with their other duties today and cheer up guys ... there'll be more days like this yet.

2 comments:

  1. Nope, no shopping for me today but when you promise your 11 year old daughter that you'll get a tree on Saturday, you'd better damn well come through!! When you get up on every Sat AM and the kids say " Are you going kayaking AGAIN today, Dad", you know something's on the go!! Kids are not kids forever but the water will ALWAYS be there!

    'til they're all growed up, my paddling will adjusted accordingly!

    Still - today was a nice warm and calm day and I hope you bastages had a great day!!

    Peace out,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your priorities in the right order Sean. I know you've missed paddles doing things with your kids and that's the way it should be. My children always came first and now that they are adults themselves I can go whenever I like.

    Great day we had with 18.5 kms covered.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete